- Since about 1990, I have been an active SCUBA diver at
STC Volmarstein, my local diving club.
- In recent years, I have begun to practice sport climbing, both
indoors and outdoors.
- I'm an avid movie fan, with emphasis on (but not limited to) the
SciFi/Horror/Thriller genre section. I mostly enjoy well-crafted movies
that manage to convey an interesting idea, and challenge the viewer's
imagination. For this reason, I'm a regular visitor to the annual
Fantasy Film Festival.
- Ever since I came in contact with computers (starting with
Commodore's now ancient VIC-20, then C-128,
leading up to the glorious Amiga until its
tragic fate, now abandoned for a PC), I have been very interested in
computer graphics and visualisation. Lately, I have been toying
around with Blender and
Cinema-4D, and I like it quite a lot.
- Using the idle CPU time on the local TP4 computer network, I have
contributed modestly to the Seti@Home project. For details see
here. (Not really up to date, I'm afraid.)